innovateIT Product Support
support@innovateITcarwash.com / (518) 741-4200 option 2
The innovateIT Reclaim System has been designed to provide long life and require minimum maintenance. The best method to maintain this system is to take a few minutes daily to review and record the operational data from the system and examine the unit for leaks or any indication of a mechanical or electrical fault. If a change is performed or operation is observed, it is important to take corrective action quickly to minimize the potential damage to the unit.
There are elements of the unit which will require replacement during normal maintenance actions. These items include:
Air Pilot Solenoid Valves
- These valves typically have a 1 million cycle life. At a minimum, the operator should keep a spare solenoid in the event of a failure.
ASCO 8290 Solenoid Valves (Solenoids A-E)
- These valves are designed for multi-million cycle design life which should provide 10+ years of life in most car wash systems.
- The dosing pump is designed for long life and is controlled by a relay in the controller which pulses to request flow from the pump. The relay is a high cycle relay (10 million cycle life) which should provide years of operation.
- It is recommended that the relay be replaced at 10 million cycles to avoid unscheduled maintenance action.
Electrical / Controller Hardware
- The motor contactors for the re-pressurization pump experience high cycles in the car wash application and keeping spares is recommended.
- The PLC controller and associated equipment is very reliable unless the ambient temperature of the controller exceeds maximum temperature ratings.
Grundfos SEG Pump
- Prior to installation, check oil level in the oil chamber. The SEG Pump is designed for long life but requires an oil change every 3,000 hours of operation.
- The multimedia filter should be good for many years of operation. With use, capacity will slowly reduce and ultimately the multi-grade multimedia media will need to be replaced. Media can be removed using a wet vacuum.
- Contact innovateIT directly for media and instructions for rebedding the filter.
- The Dietz pressure switch has a design life of over 1 million cycles..
- The Grundfos pumps are designed for a 20,000 hour life. Pump seals will typically fail first and having a seal kit available for each pump is recommended.
- This pump should provide 2-3 years of continuous operation before requiring overhaul or replacement.
- It is critical that the underground tanks be pumped routinely to avoid filling up the third tank and ingesting non-floatable material into the pump.
- The pump is positioned roughly 24 inches off the tank floor to reduce the potential to ingest non-floating materials which will accumulate in the tank.
- The pump is designed for sewage applications and the grinder (carbide cutter) will accept floatable materials;
- However, it will not provide long life if the pump ingests metallic particles or other debris. Failure to properly clean tanks will result in failure which is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
The controller system is UL listed and each unit is manufactured to conform to the UL standard. The PLC program (software) can be updated in the field (if needed) by installation of a new “memory module” that can be shipped to customer. Loading the new program is accomplished by turning power off on external switch, installing the memory module and turning power back on. Verify that download occurred by checking the Version level on the HMI screen.